England, United Kingdom
Team Shaversports is a state of mind......
We are a small group of riders in the Ciren area that go's out every sunny day we can!
Team Shaversports rules
1. If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are bad ass! Period.
Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work.
2. Wheel sucking someone, and then sprinting off 100 yards to the end is not cool! (unless your trying to set off a speed trap)
Do your time in the wind
Nobody likes a wheel sucker. You might think you’re playing a smart tactical game by letting everyone else do the work while you sit on, but races are won through cooperation and spending time on the rivet, flogging yourself and taking risks. Riding wheels and jumping past at the end is one thing and one thing only: poor sportsmanship.
3. No moaning about the ride/rotue just before we set off!
4. No mountain jerseys or kit, when riding on the road.
Cyclocross is a middle-ground. Best to wear cross-specific kit: skin suits only. No exceptions.
5. Man the fuck up
6. No using rule 5 on someone, if your not riding yourself!
7. At some point you will have the piss taken out of you...... take it!
8. leave no one behind unless,
A. It's a Tuesday summer ride. (every man for himself)
B. you get a flat within a mile from home
9. Any team member caught sniffing the saddle of another team member will be banned for life!
10. Hold your line.
Ride predictably, and don’t make sudden movements. And, under no circumstances, are you to deviate from your line.
11. Aerobars on road bikes do not look cool!
Aerobars or other clip-on attachments are under no circumstances to be employed on your road bike.... Unless your over 50 as you have forgot how to be cool!
12. Tan lines should be cultivated and kept razor sharp.
Under no circumstances should one be rolling up their sleeves or shorts in an effort to somehow diminish one’s tan lines. Sleeveless jerseys are under no circumstances to be employed.
13. You can never spend to much on your bike!
14. No stickers.
Nobody gives a shit what causes you support, what war you’re against, what gear you buy!...... Apart from your name sticker!
15. It never gets easier, you just go faster.
Climbing is hard. It stays hard. To put it another way, Greg Henderson: “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”Join Club