Start your week strong, and stay on track with the SOLOdarity challenge – 20 minutes a day for 30 days – with this indoor workout from professional marathoner Lily Partridge. This workout is designed to help runners stay balanced and injury-free.
Head over to our Instagram stories to see Lily demonstrating the exercises along with some bonus warm-up and cool-down yoga: https://www.instagram.com/strava/
And don't forget to join the challenge: https://www.strava.com/challenges/solodarity
"The workout is a full-body workout aimed at some stationary control exercises focusing on technique and muscle activation followed by a more dynamic cardio-related exercise to get the muscles firing quickly and to get that workout burn going! These are all exercises, Mas, from Cornerstone Sports Performance, gives me and I feel they are really beneficial to overall conditioning.
"Exercises with a * by them should be done slowly focusing on control and using the correct muscles. The slower you do them the better they are – It’s not about how many reps you can do. The exercises in-between the starred ones should be done as quickly as you can whilst maintaining correct posture and technique."
(1 minute per exercise)
- Double Calf Raises (Block between feet)*
- Sprint on the spot
- Cowbell Squats (Inanimate object as weight)*
- Split Jumps on stairs/lounge stool/sofa
- Glute bridges – Dig your heels in/Toes Off (Can be done single to make it tougher)*
- High Knees Running (Great on a trampoline if you have one)
- Lift and Lower*
- Quick Toe Touches (Don’t rock – Keep your lower back touching the ground)
- Plate Twists Kneeling (Only rotate top half – keep your hips facing forward)*
- Fast Running Arms kneeling keeping hips stable and facing forwards