How it works:
• Each female rider represents a nipple, each male rider represents a spoke.
• The goal is to have as many nipples attend as we do spokes (if not more).
• Everyone is welcome, on any type of bike (see details below regarding pace), fixies may be asked to stay at the rear of the group for the safety of other riders.
• People new to group riding are welcome to attend.
• Nationally the NT has the highest percentage of nipples riding in the country at 30%, but we are still a long way from reaching 50%. Please get chatting in your circles to encourage nipples along.
• If it’s popular it will be a regular monthly or fortnightly ride so vote with your pedals!
TIME: Leaves 5.45am sharp (please arrive a few minutes early for ride brief)
WHERE: Starts at Cycle Zone (6/41 Cavenagh St Darwin, opposite the Post Office)
FINISH: At Ray's Patisserie a sniff after 7am for coffee.
PACE: This is a social ride so we’ll stick together but to give you some idea the loose plan is to average around 25km/hr. If you can average approx. 22km/hr on your own you’ll manage this pace in a group no problems.
ROUTE: A 25km loop (subject to change) that will head out of town onto the Tiger Brennan bike path, through Winnelie, then the back of Parap before sneaking a glimpse of the coastline at Vestey’s beach on our way back to the CBD.
LIGHTS: You’ll need them, both rear and front on solid.
WEATHER: If heavy rain looks imminent the ride will be cancelled. An update will be posted on the Ride Darwin Facebook group if that is the case.
This is not an organised event, you are simply being invited to join others who are choosing to ride together. As such if you choose to join this ride you are doing so at your own risk. You are responsible for your own actions as a rider including adhering to the road rules and participating on a bike that is mechanically sound. It is also your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate insurance for this type of activity.