EPIC RAINOUT PLAN
Saturday May 12
Forecast for nasty weather, we're calling it for outside group riding on Saturday, and we’ll move our Utah Lake ride to next Saturday, the 19th. If weather clears, post any outdoor ride you’re planning in our FB Group (and as always: PRs ~ no ERs).
So this means shuffling our calendar a bit, and for this Saturday, ZWIFT IS ON! (see details below)
We’re moving things around, and this has also been updated here:
EPIC 2018 CALENDAR
FYI this is always updated, and is the go-to info for EPIC’s best view of our team’s current target group events and plans—though subject to change. Target races are being posted in FB Group currently, and EPIC rides Mountain on Wednesdays at http://midweekmtb.com/ (contact Steve Mayfield).
Here’s the next three weekends, including Memorial Day:
SAT May 12 – ZWIFT: FOUR HORSEMAN RIDE or GROUP WORKOUT (s)
SAT May 19 – Utah Lake
SAT May 26 (Memorial Day Weekend) – American Fork Canyon
1. Return via AF Canyon (up and back)
2. Continue for Alpine Loop
3. Continue to ride to Zermatt, if staying there, and we’ll also do a shot up through Wallsburg along the way.
MON May 28 (Memorial Day) – Zermatt in Midway up Empire Pass to the top of Guardsman
- This will be for EVERYONE, whether staying @ hotel Sunday or coming up Monday morning.
- Yes it’s a tad steep in spots, but it’s only like 18 miles round trip, half of that down!
- ALSO, we’ll have support in trucks/suburban/etc. with racks, to run you up past the steeper, tricky parts.
- What better time to come give it a shot? No long ride beforehand, nice and rested, and support + shuttle past hard parts if you need it.
- We’ll make it fun, stagger the start times etc. to get everyone possible up to the top of Guardsman at the same time for an EPIC Group shot.
- If anyone has access to a drone, that would be an awesome time to call in that favor! Ping Mike 408-805-9287 if you may have an option.
FOR THIS SATURDAY IT’S ZWIFT!
Saturday, May 12
Here’s the Zwift backup plan for Saturday:
OPTION #1 RIDE: Hit the group RIDE if ready to do the Four Horsemen and keep a C-rider pace
OPTION #2 HIT 1 or both of 2 GROUP WORKOUT OPTIONS: A Group Workout is where everyone starts and stays together, regardless of their power output. It’s like a spin class on steroids. Hit either or both of the targeted group workouts
– Set everything up Friday night so you’re good to go
– Target to be at your trainer/bike at 30 mins prior to start—you can get in, warm up, etc., but it also allows for getting through any last minute tech glitches, or forgetting your HR monitor, etc.
– JOIN EPIC @ ZWIFT POWER
Set up a profile and request to join EPIC @ Zwift Power here:
TARGET GROUP RIDE
7:45AM MDT (be at trainer at 7:15)
Team CLS CC – Vocal ‘n’ Social Ride
The Four Horsemen (covers all four climbs)
Distance: 89.3 km (55.4 mi)
Elevation: 2,112 m (6,929 ft)
“It doesn’t get more epic than this. A 55.5 mile (89.3 km) ride across all KOM segments in Watopia, with an elevation gain of 6,929 ft (2,112 m). If it’s a giant hill, you’re going to climb it.”
TARGET GROUP WORKOUTS
7:25 and/or 8:00 AM MDT (be at trainer at 6:55 or 7:30)
- Hit either one
- Or start out on the first one @ 7:25 to warm up, see how things feel. Then either stay, or if feeling good, jump out of that one and join the harder one at 8 a.m.
7:25 AM MDT
8:00 AM MDT
Tri-Focused 12x1min MAP (Maximal Aerobic Power)