London, United Kingdom
A romantic weekend away with your loved one and a champagne dinner? No. Trafalgar Square to Notre Dame in 24hours with your bike and favourite shammy? Yes. 360km including a lovely amble down through the Surrey hills, a quick paddle across the channel and then a pitch black meander through Normandy.. Lovely! Leave Friday afternoon, Eurostar back on Saturday. You will need to take Friday off work but not Monday.
This event has a BOSA rating of 'You'll definately feel it'
- 360km in 24 hours.
- But more than that - Paris in the Spring!
- Stage 1 - http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/174878402 (includes 20km transfer from Scott’s house)
- Stage 2 - http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/179260610
- You need to be able to maintain 25kmh. It is fairly flat.
- About £250 quid including ferry with cabin and ensuite shower, Eurostar and 5 star breakfast at a plush Normandy hotel!
- Set off Friday 30th May in the afternoon to get Newhaven Dieppe Ferry at 11pm and
- 360km in 24 hours seems a breeze but when you take into account 4 hours on the ferry and stoppages it gets a bit fruity.