Official Rules - The Strava Mile Sweepstakes
These Official Rules govern the Strava Mile Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) and state the terms and conditions between Strava, Inc. (together with its affiliates, “Strava”) and each participant (“Entrant”).
- Sweepstakes Overview. Entrants who upload to Strava a run activity that is at least one mile between June 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017 and use #MyMile in the activity title (“Qualifying Activity”) will be entered to win a prize as set forth below. Qualifying Activities must be run activities that are at least one mile long, as verified by Strava, and include “#MyMile” in the activity title. Manual entries and treadmill runs do not qualify. Entrants with Qualifying Activities will be automatically entered to win. Ten Entrants will be selected at random to win prizes (the “Winners”). Each Winner will receive one prize. The prize is one £100 voucher that can be used on Wiggle.com solely to purchase running shoes and the opportunity to select up to 10 of their Strava followers (“Follower Winners”) to also receive a £100 voucher that can be used on Wiggle.com solely to purchase running shoes (collectively, a “Prize”). Each £100 voucher can only be used towards the purchase of running shoes.
- Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins on June 1, 2017 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on June 30, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Strava is the official timekeeper of the Sweepstakes Period. The dates are approximate and are subject to change at Strava’s discretion. Entrants are responsible for determining corresponding times based on their location.
- Sweepstakes Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to individuals who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older (or age of majority in their country, state or jurisdiction of residence if the age of majority in said area is greater than 18) at the time of entry (each, an “Entrant”). Each Entrant must have a valid Strava account, reside in a location where Wiggle.com will send running shoes (for more information, visit http://www.wiggle.co.uk/h/option/international) (a “Qualified Entrant”), and upload such Qualified Entrant’s mile effort to Strava with “#MyMile” in the activity title (“Submission”). Each Follower Winner must have a valid Strava account, reside in a location where Wiggle.com will send running shoes, and have uploaded an activity to Strava at least once during 2017. Qualified Entrants will be automatically entered into the sweepstakes. Employees of Strava, participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Sweepstakes Submission. Submission is not complete until all Strava online prompts and instructions to upload have been properly followed and the upload has included #MyMile in the activity title. By entering a Submission, the Qualified Entrant warrants and represents that he/she is the individual who ran the activity reflected in the submission entry, that the information provided is accurate and true at the time submitted, and that he/she consents to Strava’s use of the Submission and any other materials forming part of the Submission in the Sweepstakes. A Qualified Entrant may submit multiple qualifying activities during the Sweepstakes Period, but may only be eligible for one (1) Prize. Submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules, as determined in Strava's sole discretion, may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Prizes. Prizes are non-transferable. No Prize substitutions or cash redemptions allowed. Strava reserves the right to substitute a prize (or prize component) with one of comparable or greater value for any reason including if unable to award due to country specific regulation. Except where prohibited by law, all tax liabilities are the responsibility of the Prize winner and Strava will not be responsible for any tax deductions which may be necessary. Prize winners are responsible for any costs and expenses associated with Prize acceptance in their country of residence and use not specified herein as being provided. All details of prize not specified herein shall be determined solely by Strava. The Winners acknowledge that the Prizes shall be subject to Wiggle.com’s terms and policies.
- USE OF SUBMISSION, PERSONAL DATA, WAIVER, RELEASE, AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Except where prohibited, Entrants waive and release Strava from any and all claims that Entrant may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on “moral rights” or “droit moral” (note: Residents of France may waive or assign his/her moral rights at any time without any justification) or unfair competition with respect to Strava’s exploitation of entries without further notification or compensation to Entrant of any kind, and agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Strava and its affiliates, licensees, or any other person in connection with this Sweepstakes, on the grounds that any use of any Submission, or any derivative works, infringe, or violate any of Entrant rights therein. Except for notification and clearance purposes Strava will not enter into any correspondence, including email, with non-winning Entrants. Strava reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found tampering with the entry process or entry materials or otherwise interfering with the proper administration of the Sweepstakes or violating these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, each Winner further consents (and agrees to sign any additional documents required by Strava to formalize, effect or perfect such consent) to Strava’s use of his/her name, likeness (photograph), biographical information, and voice in advertising/publicity/trade (including local and/or national television stations or print publications that may be covering any element of this Sweepstakes) worldwide without compensation, notice or approval, and Winner disclaims any ownership rights to the content of such advertising/publicity/trade material. EACH ENTRANT ACCEPTS THE CONDITIONS STATED IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE DECISIONS OF STRAVA WARRANTS THAT HE OR SHE IS ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, AND AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS STRAVA AND EACH OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, AND PUBLIC RELATIONS AGENCIES, AND THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENCIES OF EACH FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, LIABILITY, AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND EXPENSES) ASSERTED AGAINST ANY OF THEM, INCURRED, SUSTAINED, OR ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, ACCEPTANCE, MISUSE, OR DONATION OF THE PRIZE OR WHILE PREPARING FOR, PARTICIPATING IN, AND/OR TRAVELLING TO OR FROM ANY SWEEPSTAKES- RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INJURY, DAMAGE, DEATH, LOSS, OR ACCIDENT TO PERSON, ANIMAL OR PROPERTY, OR FROM THE RESPECTIVE ENTRANTS’ BREACH OF ANY AGREEMENT OR WARRANTY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STRAVA AND EACH OF THEIR LICENSEES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS, CLASS LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that the relationship between themselves and Strava is not a confidential, fiduciary, or other special relationship, and that the Entrant’s decision to provide the entry to Strava for purposes of the Sweepstakes does not place Strava in a position that is any different from the position held by members of the general public with regard to elements of the entry, other than as set forth in these Official Rules. Each Entrant understands and acknowledges that Strava has wide access to ideas, stories, designs, and other literary materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each Entrant also acknowledges that many ideas or stories may be competitive with, similar to, or identical to the entry submission and/or each other in theme, idea, plot, format, or other respects. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that such Entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Strava’s use of any such similar or identical material that has or may come to Strava, or any of them, from other sources. Entrants acknowledge that other Entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their entry that may have familiarities or similarities to their entry, and that they will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with Strava because of these familiarities or similarities. Each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Strava does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the Entrant’s copyright in and to the entry. Finally, each Entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by Entrant relating to or arising out of Strava’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any submission or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable Entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such Entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition, or other exploitation of any program, website, advertising, materials or other thing based on or allegedly based on the entry submission, and Entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges and agrees that Strava’s trademarks and other intellectual property are the exclusive property of Strava. Each Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that Strava’s marks and their intellectual property are valid and enforceable, and that Entrant shall do nothing to Sweepstakes the validity or enforceability of Strava’s marks in any forum. Entrants agree that the use of Strava’s marks, slogans, and characters is permitted only for the purpose of making an entry in this Sweepstakes, and that any use of Strava’s marks, slogans, and characters (whether in the entry or otherwise) beyond this scope infringes the rights of Strava and will result in irreparable harm to Strava. Unless the laws relevant for the domicile of the Entrant provide otherwise, this Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Except where prohibited by law, any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with this Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in San Francisco, California, USA. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, including attorneys' fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g. costs associated with entering), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Internet. Entrants further agree that Strava and any of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees, and any Internet access providers are not responsible for the following: (a) electronic transmissions, entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by Strava or its agents for any reason; (b) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures and/or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries or related materials; or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries or related material; (c) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to an Entrant’s or any person’s computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or (d) causes that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (e) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules (all such entries will be disqualified); (f) any printing errors in these Official Rules or in any advertisements or correspondence in connection with this Sweepstakes. Strava reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, fraud, hacking, or other causes corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In such cases, notice to this effect will be posted on the Sweepstakes Site and the prize winners may be determined from all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. If, in Strava’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Sweepstakes, Strava reserves the right to void suspect entries and/or terminate the Sweepstakes and award the prizes in its sole discretion. The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant based on an email address, the entry in question may be disqualified subject to Strava’s discretion.
- Country Specific Notices. UK: Notwithstanding anything elsewhere in these Official Rules, no person’s or entity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence shall be limited in any way, and nor shall their ability for fraud or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited or excluded. France: Nothing shall exclude or limit a consumer’s right to obtain compensation for the Competition Entities breach of any of their obligations. Germany: (i) Sweepstakes Entities shall be fully liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for damages caused by injury to life, body or health; (ii) In an event of slight negligence, Sweepstakes Entities shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation (cardinal duty). A “cardinal duty” shall be defined as an obligation whose fulfillment makes the implementation of this contract possible and on the fulfillment of which the contracting parties may therefore generally rely; (iii) in the event of slight negligence, as outlined in Clause (ii), Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any lack of commercial success, lost profits and indirect damages; (iv) Liability in accordance with the above Clauses (ii) and (iii) shall be limited to typical, foreseeable damages; (v) This limitation of liability shall apply mutatis mutandis to the benefit of the employees, agents and vicarious agents of Strava; (vi) Any potential liability on the part of Strava for any warranties and for claims based on the German Product Liability Act shall not be affected.
© 2017 Strava