May is here and we’re back again for another Send It meetup for May Canyon!
Once again, we will be starting at San Fernando Rec Park (208 Park Ave, San Fernando, 91340) at 8:30am SHARP while finishing off at San Fernando Brewing Company.
Here’s some information, tips, and updated rules to abide by:
- The first rule is that this is an unsupported ride and everyone rolls at their own risk.
- The climbing is HARD. These are not rides for beginners or those working their way back.
- There will be a number of regroups, but once everyone’s back, we roll!
- Make sure to bring your own tubes and a couple of water bottles. We’ll be stopping at one spot along the way for refills.
- Riding tires 40mm and above will do the trick for most, as the climbs are steep and there’s some soft patches on the dirt descents, as well as loose pavement on the road. If you plan on skipping the Kagel descent, then a road bike will work.
- This will not be race pace. At the same time, you have to be in the good to great shape range to do this ride. If you’re just getting back into riding, I suggest you read Rule #1 again.
For more info, go to: https://gravelbikecalifornia.com/send-it-sunday-may-canyon-2023